Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ahoj from Praha

So I am now officially in Prague! There weren't any delays with the airplanes, and I got lucky too on the long flight from Atlanta to Frankfurt because I had an aisle seat and then two empty seats between me and the man in the other aisle seat. I got to stretch out! It still wasn't very comfortable, but it was better since I could stretch out my legs. We arrived safely in Frankfurt and then I met some of the kids in my program, even one of my roommates, Sarah. So I hung out with them during the layover then we got on the plane to Prague!

We landed around 1 then proceeded to go through and get our bags without any problems. The CEA people met us at baggage claim and then we left. We didn't even go through customs! I was really surprised at that. I wanted the Prague stamp!

Finally around 2:30pm we got to our flat and it is really big and roomy but there seems to be a lack of closet space. 10 girls and what seems like 6 closets doesn't really add up. But we'll work around it somehow.

After getting settled we all went to dinner at a little Italian place. It was really good, and then we went out to get to know our side of the town a little better. My roommates seem fantastic and it doesn't look as if we'll have any drama so far. We all seem easygoing, so it looks like it's going to be a great trip! All in all, it was a great first night! I have pictures of the room which I will try to get posted soon, but for now... Ciao!

No comments: