Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another week gone by!

So another week has passed and Prague is still wonderful! I guess I haven't hit the hostile stage where everything and everyone in Prague inspires hate (something we heard about in our orientation at Alabama for studying abroad) but am still in the Honeymoon stage (where everything is beautiful and wonderful). But I don't mind, I prefer the stage where I am happy and loving it.

In class this week we discussed some interesting things. In Finance we talked about the stimulus package and other international events that have effects in the business world, it was pretty interesting to see how many sides there are to every little action. You keep some plants open in one country but have to close others in a different country and then you get accused of protectionism (France). Fairly interesting. And in my art and architecture class we ventured to a church in Old Town close to where we live called St. Agnes. It was beautiful and we looked at the art it housed, mostly religious icons of course. We saw many wooden Madonnas with baby Jesus in their hands that were created in the 1300s. It's pretty insane how good those sculptors are with the wood. We also saw some pretty paintings as well. And even though it shouldn't be funny, some of the sculptures were because they were missing limbs and in some cases heads.... But that was art and architecture. My economics class got cancelled, so I didn't go to it this week. Management was my last class of the week, and I think it is one of my favorites because the teacher is really good and keeps your interest. He has a lot of humorous anecdotes. We learned how to be a bad manager with a list of 10 things a bad manager does, so maybe I will post that for your reference and you can send it to your bad managers =) That's basically all my classes were this week.

Outside of class we kept it basic with trips to the Palladium to look at some clothes and to Albert's for some food. I am expanding my diet beyond what has become a normal (sadly) dinner of PB&J. Not that I don't like PB&J because I do, but it gets old. Last night, and you would be so proud of me, I made penne pasta with red peppers, broccoli, and zucchini with a regular tomato sauce that I added some butter and a slice of cheese to. It was really good! I was quite proud! And then today, I kept up the culinary delicacies and Kayla and I made chicken quesadillas complete with yellow peppers, cheese, and beans. Again, it was delicious! It's sometimes crowded trying to cook in our kitchen, but price wise it's worth it and not too hard.

It also means you don't have to venture out in the cold... which has been especially brutal lately. Today the high was 26 and yesterday it wasn't much better. It has been snowing some, which if you know me, seems to make the cold worth it, but it still has been amazingly cold! I almost want to get a new jacket. Can I, Mom? Would you let me do that? =) But I can handle it, as long as I keep my hands warm; this is where my pockets and gloves have become my best friend.

This weekend, only 4 of us are left of the 10 and I think we are going to take advantage of the peace and quiet and maybe go on a little day trip tomorrow to a town close by, or go exploring within the city. Kayla and I want to scope out the spots in Prague that we've seen in movies and take pictures, so hopefully we'll get to that eventually.

Sorry I missed Sunday, I will try to be more reliable in the future! =) But until later... ciao! And hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon, and since some of you asked, I'll try to include captions =)

No comments: