Thursday, February 12, 2009

First Week of School

So my weekend has officially started! I'm super excited that I have a four day weekend to look forward to every week. Mad props to my amazing scheduling skills!

Monday I had Money and Banking which is my finance class and the instructor is a really nice guy and is pretty easy to understand. It looks like it will be an interesting class as well. Hppefully I will learn a lot.

Tuesday I had Prague Art and Architecture which will be more of a challenge due to the instructor being somewhat difficult to understand. But it seems like she will lecture for about an hour and then we will go exploring to see the buildings and churches. We went to see Prague Castle for our first class and thankfully I had my camera and remembered to charge it the other day so I had a full battery. I took a ton of pictures so I guess I will post those soon. And I have to keep a sketchbook for this class, so maybe I'll take some pictures of my wonderful drawings and let y'all see my amazing artistic skills (which really aren't that good, haha).

Wednesday I had two classes. First I had Economics of Post-Communist countries which seems like it will be pretty fun. I really like the teacher, he reminds me of Mr. Sturgeon from high school. He's laidback and "liberal" which he said meant he was understanding and wouldn't make us do something we didn't really want to do. I'm not sure exactly what he meant by that... haha. After that I had Intro to Management where my teacher is Irish and seems really cool. It looks like it could be one of my more challenging classes but I'm looking forward to it.

So far the classes have been somewhat mixed as far as Americans and others to go. The Prague Art and Architecture was mostly Americans but the Finance class had a few more international kids mixed in. My Economics class is pretty much all Americans and then Management is almsot 50/50. The classes run pretty small, about 20 people in each, so it will hopefully be easy to participate. Also I have been lucky and all my classes so far have someone in them that I have met.

Tuesday night we had Taco Tuesday with some of the girls who live upstairs so that was good to have some Mexican food and a little taste of home. Today after I woke up, Kayla and I went to lunch and had some goulash and it was really good! It was basically pot roast in this really yummy sauce. Prague food is turning out to be pretty fabulous.

And just a tip for all of you who are thinking about coming here, sweatpants are apparently not worn anywhere. Kayla and I went to McDonalds one night because we were starving and I was cold so I wore my sweatpants with my boots. Apparently this is not proper attire for a visit to McDonald's because I got some mean looks. I guess pepto-bismol pink sweats though aren't the most inconspicuous. But that's a little tidbit for you if you plan on coming to Prague =)

I'll try to post some pictures soon and I think I'll try to update the blog every Sunday and Thursday. Hopefully. So until then... ciao!

No comments: