Thursday, June 26, 2014

Rio de Janiero in Pictures

These are apparently in the opposite order in which they happened but... what can you do. Finally the pictures from Rio! And in my defense, it took me 4 tries and 5 hours (just for the last try) to finally get these uploaded. Only for you guys, only for you.

Flags in Lapa where we went out for our last night in Rio; Karl, Larry, me, Daniel, Davina

The girls: Davine and me; the boys: Karl, Larry, Daniel


They were excited that they got a bargain on beer. And us ladies all dolled up, or as Larry would say "Looking better than normal" -- thanks Lar.

The hike in Vigigal (sp? I honestly have no idea)

Excited after we finally made it to the top and I was just glad to have something to hold on to :)

Daniel, me, Pablo with the outlook


We took turns posing

What we think is Barra and a bird! Wildlife!

Pre-the rainstorm at a lookout point about 1/3 of the way up

Larry loves taking pictures

View from the beginning of our trek. Into the wilderness we went!


This was my fantastic dessert from dinner at Porcao Rio--too good to even describe. And Daniel got to help make Caipirinhas for us all!

People watching and the Maracana!

Spain getting ready for a set piece, and one of my faves warming up, Fernando Torres!

Xabi Alonso! And then the teams for the national anthems

There was SO MUCH RED. Mostly from the Chileans but also from the Spaniards

Iker Casillas... he didn't exactly help Spain too much this tournament, and a guy dressed up as a woman.

Davina and I at the stadium then group cut out photo! Daniel, Larry, me, and Davina

I've made it my mission to get a game cup from every match. Here's the one for Spain vs Chile! And the Maracana is filling up

Pablo gets interviewed and then us arriving with the crowds at the stadium!

So many people. And so many Chileans!

Pabs was ready, as were Davina and I. Off to the Maracana!!!

No comments: