Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Nice time

Sitting at a cafe right by the harbour in Monaco and all I can think about is that I need to marry a Monaco man so I can live this life. It's gorgeous!

But to recap the past couple days, we had a great time in Nice. The weather didn't cooperate as well as we'd hoped but we managed.

We made our way to the beach a couple of times and enjoyed the view. Thankfully most people didn't go topless but there was plenty of old man speedo, yuck. And most importantly, we got some sun! Yay!

We also climbed over 426 stairs (who's counting?) to reach the top of the Castle Hill in Nice. It had quite the fabulous view but we definitely had to rest a bit at the top after the trek. There were castle ruins, a nice cascade (waterfall) and an interesting cemetery.

Our Nice exploits included a visit to the Museum of Contemporary Art where we saw some cool art and some art that I think I could do. Modern art is always hit or miss to me, because all u want to know sometimes is how in the world is this art? But maybe I just don't have the artistic eye...

In addition to the activities mentioned above, we also went shopping! My favorite stores Mango and Zara had locations in Nice so of course we had to make a visit. I didn't buy too much though...

Well I think that's the highlights. Be sure to also check out the post yesterday about Channing playing the key witness to a robbery! And pictures will be posted soon!

No comments: