Saturday, August 31, 2013

Days 10-12: Sweet Relaxation in Ibiza

Sorry for the lack of posts these past couple of days. We honestly haven't been up to too much, just surviving Eric's method of driving (I decided he treats traffic circles like a NASCAR racecourse) and being lazy. 

So what have we done the last few day that's worth noting... We left the fancy apartment with the fabulous views to go see the Roman ruins in Cartagena and that was pretty awesome. The theatre I actually in pretty good shape, although that could be from previous restorations. It still surprises me just how far the Roman Empire reached. 

After that it was on to Valencia where we wondered the streets a bit to kill time before our ferry.  We also had some delicious paella since this is what Valencia is known for. It definitely did not disappoint. We also had some yummy sangria! 

After that it was time for the ferry. It wasn't too bad since we had a cabin with beds, just stunk that it docked in Ibiza at 5:15am. Luckily when we got to the hotel they had a room available for us that we could go ahead and take so, as I'm sure any same person would, we napped. 

We weren't blessed with great weather that first day but we persevered and walked into town from the hotel and got some food at Hard Rock Cafe--sometimes you just want a reminder of home, don't judge. After that we walked around some more then headed back. We basically chilled the rest of the day since we hasn't really been doing any of that thus far on our trip. 

And then we got ready to experience Ibiza, and by that I mean the clubs. We went to Pacha which is one of the most well known ones. We got there close to 1am which some of you may think is late but it's actually somewhat early. Apparently the party doesn't really get started until around 2. 

We had a great time, I had forgotten how much fun European clubs are and how good the people watching is. We got some good stories like the one guy who poked me (literally poked me in the stomach) to get my attention and ask me to dance. Needless to say I said no. But he stayed close and then tried talking to Carissa about how I didn't even give him a chance (might I remind you, he POKED me. And he was short). So Carissa acts like she doesn't understand English and he's like "oh" then proceeds to tell his friends all about what happened. While still being next to us so they are all staring. People these days. 

Eric was the first one to get hit on though, by this fabulous guy who came and told him he was beautiful. He also got asked to take a picture, but instead of taking it of the other people, the Indian couple explained that they wanted a picture with him. So we spent a good part of the night trying to find them again so Carissa and I could get a good laugh. 

We ended up staying at the club until about 4:30 and then called it quits for bed time. And after sleeping about 5 hours were back up and spent the rest of our time relaxing by the pool and soaking up the sun before we had to go catch or ferry to Barcelona, which we are on as I type. 

Crazy to think this is our last stop and that the trip is almost over! 

Oh, and since today is the first Alabama game of the season, can I get a ROLL TIDE?! Beat Virginia Tech! :)

I'll post pictures from these days tomorrow once I have access to more consistent Internet. So for now, chau chau!

No comments: